Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day. Today I’m gonna show you a way to make a special dish, Cast Iron skillet Apple pie. This is one of my favourite food recipe, this time i’am gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna really delicious.
Cast Iron skillet Apple pie Recipe. A modern version of an old-time favorite uses premade pie crusts to make this three-layer apple pie, baked in a cast iron skillet. Remove skillet and sprinkle with brown sugar; return to oven to heat while you prepare the.
You can have Cast Iron skillet Apple pie using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cast Iron skillet Apple pie
- It’s 1 stick of butter.
- It’s 1 cup of brown sugar.
- It’s 5 of large Granny Smith apples, cored peeled and thinly sliced.
- You need 3 of 9" refrigerated pre rolled pie crusts.
- It’s 1 cup of white sugar divided.
- You need 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter, cut into small chunks.
Cinnamon sugar coated apples sandwiched between two layers of How to Make a Skillet Apple Pie.You start by melting the butter and brown sugar in the cast iron pan, in the oven.After it is melted, I place a layer.This skillet apple pie recipe always brings people back for more.
Cast Iron skillet Apple pie step by step
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place butter in cast iron skillet and put in hot oven to melt..
- Remove skillet sprinkle the brown sugar over the melted butter. Return skillet to oven while you prepare apples..
- Remove skillet and place one pie crust over the brown sugar layer. Top the pie crust with half the sliced apples. Sprinkle apples with 1/2 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Top with second pie crust, add remaining apples, sprinkle with 1/2cup sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon..
- Top with the third crust; sprinkle top crust with 1/4 cup sugar and dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Cut 4 slits in top of crust to allow steam to escape..
- Bake in preheated oven until apples are tender and crust is golden brown. 45 - 55 minutes usually..
- Serve warm. Good topped with vanilla ice cream. I have never had any left over so can't attest to how it is the next day!.
Two big ones: you get an extra crispy crust and the cast iron pan will keep your pie warm for a while when you go back for seconds.Start this pie in a cast-iron skillet over the stove and finish it up in the oven.Pie season is here and this Cast Iron Skillet Apple Pie is a fun variation on a classic.
Give this recipe a try for a rustic lattice top pie.It's baked in a cast iron skillet and covered in a sweet and flaky sugar and cinnamon crust.Apple desserts are my all-time favorite.Whether baked in a pie dish, wrapped in a tart, or deep fried into rings, I love a freshly chopped apple With that, this skillet apple pie recipe sings my sweet comfort story.Making an apple pie has never been so easy.